The 2d International Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Combustion and Processes in Extreme Environments (ComPhysChem’22) will take place in Samara, Russia on 27 June - 2 July, 2022.
In 2017, a Laboratory on Physics and Chemistry of Combustion was established at Samara National Research University within a megagrant from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation for the purpose of development of physically justified models of combustion on the basis of new spectroscopic and kinetic data on chemical processes in combustion and flame characteristics. The objectives of this laboratory include measurements and calculations of kinetic constants for the processes involved in initiation and sustainment of combustion, formation and destruction of pollutants (PAH, nitrogen oxides) and active species (radicals, intermediates, excited atoms and molecules including active forms of oxygen, ions) and development of gas-dynamic and kinetic models of combustion based on physically proved rate constants and their validation on laminar model flames. Within this laboratory, a high-temperature microreactor has been developed with universal photoionization mass spectrometric (PIMS) detection of products of chemical reactions and with distinction of different isomers based on their photoionization cross sections.
While the megagrant may be continued in 2020-21, the laboratory was recently awarded a new major project on fundamental research in priority areas outlined by the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences “Reaction Kinetics and Dynamics in Combustion, Astrochemistry and Astrobiology” for 2019-2021.
To facilitate further development of the new laboratory and to promote scientific exchange and collaboration between chemists and physicists studying combustion and other processes in extreme environments around the world, we launched a biannual ComPhysChem series of conferences, first of which was held in July of 2018. The second meeting in this series will be held on 27 June - 2 July, 2022.
The main topics of ComPhysChem’22 include
- Fundamental physical-chemical processes in combustion.
- Quantum chemical studies of potential energy surfaces of chemical reactions in flames.
- Kinetics and dynamics of elementary processes.
- Reaction kinetics and dynamics in extreme environments including astrochemistry and astrobiology
- Mathematical modeling of processes in combustion.
- Laser and optical diagnostics of processes in combustion.
- Chemical, plasma, and laser initiation of combustion.
- Formation and destruction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), soot, graphene, and carbonaceous nanoparticles.
- Chromatography and measurement methods.
- Ecological issues related to combustion.
The Conference will feature invited plenary talks (35 min + 5 min discussion) as well as invited talks, contributed talks (15 min + 5 min discussion) and poster presentations.